• $ 1.7
  • € 2.0132
  • ₽ 0.022246
  • ₺ 0.0389
  • £ 2.3042

Anonymous blocks jihadist website in retaliation for Charlie Hebdo attack

Anonymous blocks jihadist website in retaliation for Charlie Hebdo attack
12.01.2015 23:00
Hackers claiming to be with the group Anonymous say they have hacked a jihadist website in retaliation for the terror attack on French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo.

The website ansar-alhaqq.net, a French jihadist site, currently redirects to Duck Duck Go, a search engine. Hackers using the Twitter handle @OpCharlieHebdo claimed responsibility.

Anonymous also named dozens of Twitter accounts that the hacktivist group says belong to jihadists.

The hackers posted the Twitter handles on Pastebin, a website that lets people post information anonymously online.

On Friday, Anonymous members announced hacking operation "#OpCharlieHebdo, declaring war on Islamic extremists.

In a video posted on YouTube, the group of hackers said they would track down websites and social media networks linked to terrorists, and take them down.

"We, Anonymous around the world, have decided to declare war on you the terrorists," it said.

Anonymous said the video was a message for "al Qaeda, the Islamic State and other terrorists," and promised to avenge the deaths in last week's attack.

Anonymous has hacked websites belonging to government departments, companies and other organizations.

The attack on Charlie Hebdo has prompted an outpouring of solidarity, sparking some news organizations to republish the magazine's most controversial cartoons -- including of the Prophet Mohammed.

On Sunday, millions of people, including world leaders, marched in an anti-terrorism rally in Paris. The French Mission to the United Nations called the massive gathering the largest in France's history.

The day was emotional and peaceful, a gesture of unity just days after Islamic extremists slaughtered 17 people.

(CNN)
 
ANN.Az
Similar news
Similar news
Georgia says new Azerbaijan-Armenia routes will not replace it
World 18:34
Georgia says new Azerbaijan-Armenia routes will not replace it
St Petersburg official proposes ban on migrant workers in retail
World 18:00
St Petersburg official proposes ban on migrant workers in retail
Zelenskiy says Washington may seek his replacement
World 17:30
Zelenskiy says Washington may seek his replacement
U.S. could sustain weeks-long strikes on Iran, WSJ reports
World 17:00
U.S. could sustain weeks-long strikes on Iran, WSJ reports
Peskov says Kremlin faces no problems running Telegram channel
World 16:30
Peskov says Kremlin faces no problems running Telegram channel
The US sends its largest air deployment to the Middle East since 2003
World 15:30
The US sends its largest air deployment to the Middle East since 2003
Oil depot in Russia catches fire after Ukrainian drone attack
World 14:00
Oil depot in Russia catches fire after Ukrainian drone attack
Shoigu warns Armenia’s rail system could ‘collapse overnight’ without Russia
World 13:00
Shoigu warns Armenia’s rail system could ‘collapse overnight’ without Russia
Trump weighs possible strike on Iran, no final decision yet
World 12:30
Trump weighs possible strike on Iran, no final decision yet
Anews TV

Our official Youtube channel

Subscribe