• $ 1.7
  • € 1.8346
  • ₽ 2.0118
  • ₺ 0.0448
  • £ 2.196

Imams take to YouTube to warn Isis terrorists - VIDEO

Imams take to YouTube to warn Isis terrorists - VIDEO
25.09.2014 17:45
High-profile Muslim scholars have taken to YouTube to warn terrorists holding British aid worker Alan Henning that their actions are 'totally prohibited' under Sharia law.

The latest plea to free the former taxi driver from Manchester who travelled to the region as an aid worker last year is made by a judge on the Sharia council in London, a director of Prophetic Guidance and an Imam.It comes after more than a hundred representatives from Britain's Muslim community signed a letter urging Isis to release the 47-year-old who appeared at the end of a video last Saturday in which fellow captive David Haines was killed.In a YouTube video Judge Shaykh Haitham Al Haddad said: 'This is to confirm that executing this man is ... impermissible, prohibited according to Sharia.'Ustadh Abu Eesa, a director of Prophetic Guidance, is based in Manchester and said he would 'personally vouch for' Mr Henning, adding that his would-be killers are defacing the religion of Islam.Imam Shakeel Begg, of Lewisham Islamic Centre quotes from the Koran, explained that there is 'no justification in our religion that allows you to continue to hold him let alone harm him'.Footage earlier this week showed Mr Henning with other aid workers on the Greece-Turkey border in December last year saying the dangerous journey to Syria is 'worthwhile' to help those in need.On Thursday a video of British photojournalist John Cantlie was released, showing the hostage reading from a prepared script, saying he would talk about the self-proclaimed IS movement.Unlike previous Isis videos there was no threat made on camera to Mr Cantlie's life. Meanwhile, Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said today that 49 hostages who were seized by Islamic militants in Iraq have been freed and safely returned to Turkey.The announcement brings to an end Turkey's most serious hostage crisis.The hostages were kidnapped from the Turkish Consulate in Mosul, Iraq on June 11, when the Islamic State group overran the city in its surge to seize large swaths of Iraq and Syria.Their release contrasts with the recent beheadings of two U.S. journalists and a British aid worker by the Islamic State group.(dailymail.co.uk)Bakudaily.Az

Similar news
Similar news
Economy Ministry on Trump tariffs: Challenging, not critical
World 20:35
Economy Ministry on Trump tariffs: Challenging, not critical
Armenia may tighten penalties for those evading military service
World 17:00
Armenia may tighten penalties for those evading military service
Pashinyan says he received his driver’s license without taking the exam
World 16:00
Pashinyan says he received his driver’s license without taking the exam
Russia is not surprised by Trump's comments on oil tariffs, Ryabkov says
World 14:52
Russia is not surprised by Trump's comments on oil tariffs, Ryabkov says
U.S. tariffs to also apply to Ferrari cars ordered months ago
World 13:24
U.S. tariffs to also apply to Ferrari cars ordered months ago
Turkey to step up diplomatic push to reinstate Gaza ceasefire, Erdogan says
World 11:00
Turkey to step up diplomatic push to reinstate Gaza ceasefire, Erdogan says
Istanbul Mayor Ekrem İmamoğlu arrested in corruption probe
World 10:30
Istanbul Mayor Ekrem İmamoğlu arrested in corruption probe
Turkish University annuls Erdogan rival’s degree, blocking presidential bid
Political News 10:00
Turkish University annuls Erdogan rival’s degree, blocking presidential bid
Trump and Putin conclude call on moves to end Ukraine war
Political News 21:09
Trump and Putin conclude call on moves to end Ukraine war
Anews TV

Our official Youtube channel

Subscribe