A fire broke out in the building of Azerbaijan’s Drug Abuse Treatment Center on March 2 morning as a result of a short circuit in the building’s electricity network due to a strong wind, the Azerbaijani Health Ministry’s press service told.
Fire brigades and about ten ambulances arrived at the scene.
"It was found out that more than 200 people from the medical staff and patients were in the Center, as well as 55 people in the burnt part of the building. Most of them were evacuated. Currently, the necessary medical and psychological help
being provided to the evacuated people. Despite the implementation of all necessary measures, the lives of 25 people who were at the site during the strong fire, could not be saved,” said the ministry.
The strong fire broke out at 06:10 (UTC+4) on March 2 in a one-story building of Azerbaijan’s Drug Abuse Treatment Center in Baku.
Despite all the necessary measures taken, it was impossible to save the lives of 24 people.
Twenty-five people died as a result of the fire. www.anews.az