Over 1,000 people have died in the earthquake in Turkiye, reported from the BBC.
According to the Disaster And Emergency Management Presidency (AFAD), the main earthquake was followed by over 40 aftershocks.
The death toll in the earthquake has reached 912, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said.
Reported from Turkish media that, according to the Turkish leader, 5,385 people were injured in the natural calamity.
"At 04:17 am today we faced the worst earthquake in the last century, after the Erzincan earthquake in 1939. The epicenter of the earthquake was in Kahramanmaras with a magnitude of 7.7, at a depth of 7 kilometers. Support continues in the areas affected by the earthquake. Our main focus is saving people," Erdogan said.
The death toll in the powerful earthquake that hit Turkiye has reached 284, Turkish Vice President Fuat Oktay told journalists.
He said some 2,323 people had been injured.
Oktay said at least 1,710 remain under the rubbles.
At least 76 people died in the earthquake in seven Turkish regions as of 07:30 Baku time.
Reported from Turkish media that 440 were injured in the natural calamity.
Dozens of people have been killed after a powerful 7.4 earthquake struck Turkiye's southern provinces, officials said.
Reported from TRT World that Monday's quake killed at least 23 people and injured 420 others in Malatya province, its governor said. The quake destroyed 140 buildings in the province.
At least five people were killed in southern Osmaniye province with 34 buildings destroyed, its governor said.
Diyarbakir province reported 6 deaths and 79 injuries while 15 people were killed in Sanliurfa province.
Turkiye’s Disaster and Emergency Management Authority (AFAD) said that Monday's 7.4 magnitude quake struck at 4.17 a.m. (0117GMT) and was centred in Pazarcik district.
The quake occurred at a depth of 7 kilometres (4.3 miles).
It was also felt in other southeastern provinces including Diyarbakir and Gaziantep and neighbouring countries including Lebanon and Syria.
Minutes after the first quake, second and third earthquakes of magnitudes 6.4 and 6.5 struck the southeastern Gaziantep province, according to AFAD.
The initial earthquake was also felt in other southeastern provinces including Diyarbakir and neighbouring countries including Lebanon and Syria.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan took to Twitter to convey get well wishes to citizens affected by the initial earthquake.
He added that AFAD and other units are "on alert.”
He noted that rescue teams were immediately dispatched to the province affected by the earthquake.
"Our Ministry of Interior and Ministry of Health, AFAD, provincial governorships and all other institutions started their work rapidly."
"We are also coordinating our work after the earthquake. We hope that we will get through this disaster together as soon as possible and with the least damage and we will continue our work."
Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu also said that six earthquakes with magnitudes above 6 had hit the country so far early Monday.
Follow us !