• $ 1.7
  • € 2.0167
  • ₽ 0.022015
  • ₺ 0.0389
  • £ 2.314

Trump names 4 top campaign advisers to senior White House roles

Trump names 4 top campaign advisers to senior White House roles
14.11.2024 09:30
President-elect Donald Trump announced on November 13 that a handful of loyalists from his campaign will join him in the White House as senior aides reported from Politico.

Dan Scavino will serve as deputy chief of staff; Stephen Miller will serve as deputy chief of staff for policy and Homeland Security adviser; James Blair will serve as deputy chief of staff for legislative, political and public affairs; and Taylor Budowich will serve as deputy chief of staff for communications and personnel. All four will also carry the title assistant to the president.

The figures are familiar in Trump world and come as the president-elect is quickly naming his closest stalwarts to top roles in his second administration.

"Dan, Stephen, James, and Taylor were 'best in class' advisors on my winning campaign, and I know they will honorably serve the American people in the White House," Trump said in a statement. "They will continue to work hard to Make America Great Again in their respective new roles."

Scavino was a top communications aide in Trump’s White House and a senior adviser on his reelection campaign. He met Trump as a 16-year-old golf caddie.

Blair, a Florida-based GOP strategist who previously was deputy chief of staff to Gov. Ron DeSantis, served as political director for the Trump campaign and Republican National Committee.

Miller — an immigration hard-liner who took a role in Trump’s family separation policies during his first administration — previously served in Trump’s White House as his top speechwriter and senior adviser to the president for Policy, and was a senior adviser for his campaign.

Budowich was chief of staff to Donald Trump Jr. during his father’s 2020 presidential campaign and worked as a spokesperson for Trump after he left the White House. The January 6 select committee interviewed him under subpoena, pressing for information about his work helping organize the Trump rally at the Ellipse that preceded the January 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol. Budowich told the committee he did not expect the day to turn violent.

He also helmed the pro-Trump super PACs MAGA Inc. and Save America PAC. The latter spent more than $100 million during the 2024 campaign, including millions on legal bills for Trump and his allies.

www.anews.az
Similar news
Similar news
New protests reported in Iran
World 15:30
New protests reported in Iran
Telegram blocks over 235,000 channels and groups
World 15:00
Telegram blocks over 235,000 channels and groups
UK government may ban social media access for under-16s from 2026 – The Times
World 12:30
UK government may ban social media access for under-16s from 2026 – The Times
Saudi firm signs deal to buy Lukoil assets, pending U.S. approval – Reuters
World 14:00
Saudi firm signs deal to buy Lukoil assets, pending U.S. approval – Reuters
Ban on Russian-language literature in Ukraine
World 13:30
Ban on Russian-language literature in Ukraine
Georgia warns EU against sanctioning Kulevi port over Middle Corridor impact
World 12:30
Georgia warns EU against sanctioning Kulevi port over Middle Corridor impact
Update from Maduro
World 11:00
Update from Maduro
Prince Harry tries to prevent release of Meghan Markle’s new book
World 10:40
Prince Harry tries to prevent release of Meghan Markle’s new book
Russia orders block on WhatsApp in messaging app crackdown
World 18:00
Russia orders block on WhatsApp in messaging app crackdown
Anews TV

Our official Youtube channel

Subscribe